- 200 pajama pants donated by a volunteer to celebrate her 40th birthday
- 200 Christmas gift bags passed out in four Dallas clubs
- 1 club owner met in person ... relationship established
- The Gospel was shared with a security guy
December’s Outreach seemed to embody this word. Two days before outreach we got an email stating the stockings we ordered for the women were out of stock and they canceled our order, our prayer team leader had trouble after back surgery and was unable to run the night, and volunteers were dropping like flies from illness. Our team was discouraged. On top of it all, we were forced to rearrange teams because two of the six clubs asked us to not come for a while.
But, we showed up to the other four.
Instead of our normal count of 50 women, we had 30 along with 9 security guys to drive us to the four clubs.
We headed out and were happy to receive our normal welcome at the first three clubs-- girls excited, Christmas cheer in the air. As we continued, we received a text from our leaders at the fourth club -- a club we had been going to for the last three years -- more recently, the management mentioned the owner did not enjoy having us. This particualr night, they asked our volunteers to just leave the gifts at the door. Our team was discouraged.
But, God moved.
The fourth club was owned by another club we were visiting, and after connecting with a manager, one of our leaders was able to meet with the owner then and there. Not only did our leader get to talk with the owner, but he proceded to introduce her to his other colleages and share what JSL is, why we were there, and why it mattered. The owner then let her know that we are always welcome in his clubs. He fought for us when it came to his employees who were sceptical of our presense there.
Even with all the set backs, God showed up big. He has placed us in this position to serve these women and fight for them and in that, He continues to fight on our behalf. What a good God we serve who paves the way and lavishes his favor on the JSL team.
- Financial support for the Dallas budget for 2017
- Church partnerships
- Prayer for Club Team members' commitment to stay strong
- Prayers for continued support as women continue to transition out of the industry
- 30 stockings gifted
- 4 Club Team members
- 2 Security Team members
The enemy does not approve of outreach nights. In fact, this month we saw the enemy put every complication in our way Friday. Club Team members were sick, others had car issues, and we were exhausted— but we prayed and ask for Jesus to move. Make these club floors– these dressing rooms– Holy ground.
It was great to reconnect with friends. “I’m matching my outside to my inside,” one girl said as she announced graduating earlier in December. We celebrated with joy in this awesome truth. She was excited to see what next steps would hold.
We continued to pass out stockings, making sure each girl got a pair of pajama pants they loved. I noticed one of the women there had her fingernails painted a fun, bright teal color and commented that they looked great. She beamed back and said thank you. “Would you like me to do yours?” she asked. “Absolutely, I would!” Together we sat at the makeup counter and chatted like old friends as she painted my nails. It’s the sweetest coat of nail polish I’ve ever received.
I’m excited to see what this new year brings in Temple/Killeen, and I’m taking hope in the fact that the Lord will continue to move in these cities.
- New City Team Leader for Temple/Killeen
- Outreach sponsorship partners for 2017
- Babysitting Team Leader and Hospitality Team Leader
- Additional community partnerships and volunteers-- if you're interested in volunteering, go to jesussaidlove.com/volunteer and fill out a volunteer form!
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 60 gifts handed out between our three clubs
- Had a new prayer team. Thank you Aresnal Church!
Jesus is everywhere. I have been encouraged to find Him in everyone I come across, have a conversation with, everyone I make eye contact with. We see Him every month in the women who share their stories with us. We are created in His image whether we are living that way or not. I challenge myself every month to find Jesus, the gold, in them and call it out.
In November we noticed a friend we had not seen since she told us she was pregnant. I said hi but she acted as though she didn’t know us nor wanted to talk to us. I left it alone and prayed for her throughout the night. We saw her again this month and she jumped up and ran over to give me a hug. I was shocked, but held her tight and asked about her baby. He is 8 weeks old and she is back dancing to support him. I asked how we could help and she said “I am fine, I’ve got it.” In that moment, what is the gold? I told her how she lit up when talking about her son which made it evident she loved him so and was a good mom. I told her she was doing a good job!
The other clubs were pretty slow and we were short team members so we didn’t stay long in all of our clubs, but we had good chats. My prayer is always to call out the gold in the women. Please pray for ideas to meet with them outside the club! They are ready!
- Team members for all teams! If you are interested email email@example.com
- We are in need of monthly sponsorships
- Prayer team is specifically in great need!
- Prayers for continual God encounters for the women
- Prayers for relationships to continue to flourish at the clubs
- Prayers for our current team members and their families
- 160 Christmas stockings (filled with Old Navy PJ pants, Bath & Body Works Fragrance spray, and fuzzy socks) delivered to 3 Houston strip clubs
- 10 Buffalo Wild Wings Christmas gift cards given to bouncers, managers, and parking attendants at 3 Houston clubs
December was a special month, as we celebrated one year of outreaches in Houston! Here are a few highlights of Jesus Said Love’s first year in Houston:
We have had the opportunity to develop relationships and friendships with women and staff in 3 Houston strip clubs.
With the support of several churches, groups, and volunteers, we’ve been able to deliver 150-160 gifts each month.
We’ve had over 120 people sign up to volunteer this year!
We’ve helped a single mom with furniture and and supplies for her new apartment, as well as helped her with math tutoring for her nurses aide certification.
We provided another single mom with school uniforms and supplies for 5 of her 6 children.
We’ve had the opportunity to pray with women in dressing rooms, and pray for the DJ at one of our clubs.
We walked alongside a woman going through rehab for substance abuse.
With every gift that we give, every conversation we have, every opportunity to make a connection with a woman in need - our prayer is that the love of Christ is communicated and every woman and staff member knows they are deeply loved by God. We are so incredibly grateful for your prayers and support, and are hopeful and excited about 2017!
- Businesses willing to hire women transitioning out of the sex industry.
- Churches or groups who would like to sponsor an outreach in 2017.
- 44 stockings stuffed with pajama pants, a Bath & Body Works item, and a cosmetic item, were gifted to women in the club.
Our Christmas Outreach is always a sweet one, and the women loved their stockings! Girls at both clubs asked when we would be bringing T-shirts (which they love so much). Each Club Team member had engaging conversations and phone numbers were exchanged.
We were also blessed to spend more time than usual at one of the clubs. The management at the particular club tends to not allow us much time visiting the girls. However, this time we stayed close to 30 minutes, developed conversations, and got to know new faces.
We are hopeful to connect again with the same girls on our next outreach.
- We are looking for committed volunteers to join our prayer team. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church and community partnerships to deepen and expand
Pray for team leaders and that many more volunteers would join our team in Waco
Pray for doors to be opened for deepened relationship with the girls
Pray for the girls to feel a sense of peace and to develop trusting relationships with Club Team
Pray for team leaders and for volunteers
Pray for many opportunities for the women we are working with
Pray for moms and their families during this time of the year, as it can be hard around the holidays