July City Update
- 215 pairs of flip flops delivered to different clubs throughout Dallas
As we continue to expand outreach, a certain club that had originally agreed on us coming sadly changed their minds when we arrived. This Club Team went to another one of our monthly visited clubs instead and made great connections with the women there—God knew what He was doing by having those club teamers head to a different club for the night.
Renovation at an older club is almost complete, so what used to be the junkier looking club has transformed into a “sparkling environment”. We pray this is the case for the souls of the women we’ve connected with there—some for about two years now. As the club team was shown around the new dressing room, we noticed that there were several new faces. One young girl mentioned that being a “stripper” was on her “bucket list” and has stuck around for the “quick cash”.
That evening, a Club Team member also got to help a woman put on her makeup while having good conversation. Solid conversations were had about how God has changed their lives and what steps are next.
Later, one of the club owners asked for a JSL shirt, so the Club Team gave him one with a card thanking him for letting us to love the ladies, and also invited him to coffee.
Romans 8:28 “We know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.” We pray that the Lord would move and burst open the doors of these 2 clubs once more.
- Continued discernment in loving women in transition
- Personal CTL financial support
- Prayers for doors would be re-opened at clubs where we have been shut out
- Prayers for open communication with managers
- Prayers for Jodi (Dallas CTL) in her recovery
- Praise: Surplus of churches wanting to sponsor Outreaches
- 35 brightly colored canvas tote bags and flip flops gifted
- 3 women served on Club Team and 2 men on Security Team
- Chips and salsa were enjoyed in the dressing room
This month there were much fewer girls in the dressing room during outreach, but that allowed us to have longer conversations with the few girls that were there! We talked about hobbies, our pets, and kids-- we were so thankful for a chance to get to know these women better. They also opened up to us about some hard things going on in their lives so we could pray for them. One of the women we have been building a relationship with has started attending church and was baptized this month! The club team was able to attend the service with her and her family and celebrate what the Lord is doing in her life. We are so thankful that God is allowing us to witness restoration and get to know this sweet family!
- New City Team Leader for Temple/Killeen
- Outreach sponsorships
- Babysitting Team Leader and Hospitality Team Leader
- Additional community partnerships and volunteers
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 75 flip flops were handed out to the ladies
- Met new friends and caught up with girls we hadn’t seen in awhile
- Helped throw a baby shower for one of the House Moms we know
Summers are pretty quiet in the clubs here in San Antonio, which lends for more time to chat with the women. We met a lot of new girls. One of our team members talked with a girl that had just moved here from Austin. She is having some legal issues and needs money to clear it up so she can get another job. We are praying for connections with an attorney that can help her. She really doesn’t want to be doing this any longer. You could sense the hopelessness and desperation in her voice, but we know in the midst of the chaos and fear, God will meet her there. We will point her to the only One that can fill that void and give her peace as she works through this.
Money issues (practical needs) girls are dealing with are a huge factor as to why girls go back to the clubs after deciding to leave the industry. Sometimes they get worse before they get better because there is a break in money flow until they get a check and even then, they have bills to pay and kids to feed and budgeting isn’t always a part of the equation. Our team gets it. Just because you don’t work in the club doesn’t mean you don’t have budgeting issues. We all have experienced it on some level. Our prayer is we can work with them and encourage them to hang on because it won’t last forever and they will get through it!!
Poverty is the number one factor in gender violence. Walking out of poverty is not easy but we know these women have the strength to do it!
- Team members for all teams! If you are interested email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly Outreach Sponsorships through December
- Alliance partners and connections within the community
- Prayers for continual God ecounters for the women
- Prayers for two girls we know that are pregnant and expecting soon-- that there would be peace and joy around this event
- Prayers for our current team members and the relationships they have with women
- 300 pairs of handmade leather earrings
- 150 handmade bracelets were delivered to women
- 3 Houston clubs
In June, a beautiful group of women from Grand Parkway Baptist Church in Richmond, TX hand-made 300 pairs of leather earrings for the women in the clubs to receive. ONE volunteer made 150 wooden bead bracelets with a reminder that they are loved. Our women LOVED them and asked if they could buy them online! We were able to tell them that they were all unique and made just for them. We were able to visit with old friends and new friends this month, and are continually grateful for the opportunities we are being given to get to know them. It is encouraging to now walk in each club and be welcomed in and trusted by staff and the women there.
As always, thank you for your continued prayers!
- We are looking for a few more outreach sponsors for Fall 2016. If you would like to sponsor an outreach, know someone who would, or would like more details, please let me know! email@example.com
- If you have a bible study, Sunday school class, MOPS group, or even just group of friends who would like to hear about Jesus Said Love, we would love to share with you! You can contact Sally Collier, our City Team Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prayer for businesses in Houston who are willing to hire women desiring to transition out of the commercial sex industry.
- 45 beach bags and flip flops gifted to women in the club
- 6 gift cards gifted to managers and bouncers at each club
- Chips and salsa delivered to all three clubs
June was our “Freedom Outreach” and we walked in to all three clubs with beach bags, flip flops, and bags full of tortilla chips and salsa! This month we were able to have intentional conversation with a few women in each dressing room. The outreach component of what we do is just a small part of our program, but it always provides a great opportunity for connection with the women we work with. Many needs were expressed, honest concerns shared, and words of encouragement and hope were offered. This month has been full of women reaching out to our Waco office via text, hotline number, email, and our website. These conversations have stirred amazement within me as I have heard over and over again of the beautiful work of God in women’s stories across Texas. I talked with a woman who met our team in one of the Waco clubs back in 2003, and has recently made the brave decision to leave the industry after dancing for over 15 years. She spoke with a deep sense of gratitude as she recalled the care and kindness she always felt as she interacted with our team. She reached out to ask for Bible studies and spiritual resources. I am always humbled when I walk out of these conversations. It is a true privilege to listen and to love, to receive and to learn.
- We are looking for committed volunteers to join our Hospitality Team and Prayer Team. If interested, please email Lindsayp@jesussaidlove.com.
- Prayers for team leaders and for volunteers
- Prayers for church and community partnerships to continue to deepen and expand
- Prayers for many opportunities for the women we are working with
- Pray for moms as they prepare and save for back to school expenses