March City Updates
- 6 vases of roses delivered to 3 clubs
- Chocolate covered strawberries given to every dancer
- Opportunities to pray with women in dressing rooms
- 1 woman received a great job offer and has completely transitioned out of the industr
February outreach was absolutely amazing! Every member of our Club Team was able to have real, raw conversations with several dancers. In each club that we went into, we were given a lot of time to sit and talk with the women. Almost all of the women stayed back in the dressing room with us and caught us up on the details of their lives. We laughed a lot together and they also opened up about things they have never told us before. A few of the dancers gave us the opportunity to pray with them about certain situations and circumstances in their lives. It was a beautifully sacred time, and the Holy Spirit was near and moving. The women were so touched by the roses and chocolate covered strawberries. Thank you to everyone who was a part of making and putting together the gifts!
- Volunteers: Club Team, Security Team, Prayer Team, Wild Torch, etc. Fill out a volunteer form on our website and email Kellie@jesussaidlove.com if you are interested in serving!
- Pray for opportunity to spend time with the women outside of the club
- Pray for healing and opportunity
- 215 Mary Kay good bags were taken into 6 clubs
- 250 chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to dancers and staff
- 1 prayers shawl was given to a manager struggling with cancer
- 1 House Mom was celebrated by the Club Team with a birthday cake
- 53 Club Team members loved on dancers across Dallas
- 16 Security Team members built relationships with staff outside the club
Joy. Valentine's Outreach was full of a love that only our Jesus could supply. 6 teams entered clubs across Dallas, armed with chocolate covered strawberries and Mary Kay goody bags. (Thank you Global Harvest and FiveStone for the gift donations!)
One of our Club Teams celebrated a house mom with a birthday cake! This was such a tangible way to show not only her, but also the dancers in the dressing room, that our team loves beyond these doors. We do not forget them between outreaches. That relationship has allowed our team to connect in powerful ways to others within that club.
We also had many teams that were able to open their arms and embrace dancers and staff during grief. Loss of loved ones and major illnesses were a part of the reality for several women we came across Friday night, and in these moments the Holy Spirit opened doors. It was a beautiful picture to see dancers being prayed over in the midst of the chaos. The Holy Spirit was present, calming the storm for many.
What do you picture to be an example of love? For JSL Dallas, it was singing Happy Birthday, laughing, jumping in joy as a Club Team member reconnected with a friend she hadn't seen in the club for months, giving one manager (sick with cancer) a prayer shawl, praying over the grief-stricken, and a team of 50 women entering a club caring gifts with no strings attached. We love and adore these women. The greatest gift we can offer though, is that our God loves them mounds and mounds more! It was a beautiful Valentine's Day.
- Prayer for Easter Outreach
- Monthly outreaches covered months in advance
- Church Partnership
- Financial Suppor
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 75 Handmade Valentines Cookies were handed out
- Multiple opportunities to pray with girls in the club
- Checked in with girls we already have built relationships with
February Outreach was different. It is always a good night when we get to love on women, if only for a moment...but this month, there was a different feel in the clubs. We found good conversations, but also hard conversations. One girl was dealing with Ovarian Cancer and her son’s constant nose bleed, with no answers from doctors. We prayed with her and got her information. THIS...this is why it is so important to us to build relationships with these women and connect them to resources outside the club. They need people like we need people.
The beautiful handmade Valentine’s cookies made the girls feel so special! The thought that someone took the time to specially make something for them is huge!
- We are in need of volunteers- specifically on Prayer Team, Babysitter’s Club, Hospitality Team, and Security Team. Email email@example.com if you are interested!
- We are in need of Outreach Sponsorships
- Pray for strong relationships to be built outside of the club
- Pray for healing touches from God
- 150 dancers at 3 clubs received roses + chocolate covered strawberries
- 1 club granted us access that had denied us last month!
- Several Club Team ladies prayed for dancers at 2 clubs
- 3 women have reached out to meet outside of the club
After a crazy miscommunication, we were able to get back into the club that denied us access last month! We also had the incredible opportunity to pray for a club DJ. He had been robbed at gunpoint the week before and asked one of our team members if we could pray for him before we left. On our way out of the club, I stuck my head in the DJ booth and asked if it was a good time to pray for him. He stepped right out of his booth, and opened his arms in a posture of surrender. Our group circled around him right there on the club floor, held his hands, and thanked God for his life and for protection. I am continually amazed and grateful for the opportunities that we are being given. God is moving and working!
- Pray that God would provide time and space for intentional conversations with dancers, managers, and bouncers at the clubs.
- Continued partnerships - with churches, businesses, schools and individuals.
- Individuals who are willing to host Vision Events (of any size) - in homes, at bible studies, etc - to share the vision of Jesus Said Love.
- Businesses in Houston who are willing to hire women desiring to transition out of the commercial sex industry.
- 35 long stem roses gifted to women in the club
- 60 chocolate covered strawberries enjoyed in the dressing room
- 5 boxes of chocolates given to management and bouncers
I want nothing more than to report that outreach was incredible and inspiring and we saw God work in unbelievable ways...but I can’t. The thing is, outreach wasn’t bad...but everything just felt very off. Many dancers were unavailable to talk, and the ones who were around were new and a little skeptical of us. It is in these moments that I get a gut check with the Lord. I have to shake off wounded pride and disappointment and remember that this thing we do isn’t about us. Our obedience to show up is our greatest success. The Lord is in control and is going to work whether we get to see it on outreach night or not!
Although conversations were brief with the girls we are close with, they did lead to some great ministry outside the club. One of the girls needed baby formula very badly. Over the next two days, folks in the community donated $300 worth of baby formula! What a huge blessing it was to serve her and her sweet baby!
- We are in need of a June Outreach sponsor
- Volunteer to serve as Babysitter Team Leader
- Prayers for the women and our team as we prepare for Easter...that we would be equipped to share the Gospel in the way we care for them.