January City Updates
COLLEGE STATION UPDATE
- Our 1 and only club closed down
- 3/12: Hosted dinner and gave out “Jesus Love Stripper shirts, pajama pants and fuzzy socks
- Hosted prayer meeting for former employees and JSL leadership
- Provided training for new Alliance Partners that were matched with former employees
- Hosted the Strip Club Employee Christmas Party
December was full of surprises! Our teams are accustomed to helping 1-2 women at a time transitioning from the clubs. In December, we have been assisting over 22 women and 3 men! Over 12 different churches have risen up from our community to help in the process. 24 women are serving as “Alliance Partners”, reaching out and walking with former employees through this transition. Through the relationship, the Dixie Fund, and various community and spiritual resources, we are seeing lives impacted. We are seeing faces and families as they experience hope and change!
- Trust and deepening relationship between former employees and JSL-Alliance Partners
- Provision through Dixie Fund and long-term employment
- Wisdom for JSL Leadership as we navigate new waters for BCS
- Chains of PTSD, poverty, depression, abuse and unhealthy lifestyles to be broken
- Joy, Love, Hope and Freedom would become the new normal.
- 200 stockings were delivered to dancers in Dallas
- 2 new clubs allowed our teams to come in, totalling 6 clubs
- 1 fully Spanish-speaking team is now serving a club
- 52 diverse club team members entered the clubs
- 14 new guys joined our Security Team
- 17 churches now represent the volunteer base of JSL Dallas
- 1 dancer asked for help transitioning out of the club
December was the launch of many new things in Dallas. We had the privilege of adding 2 new clubs to the list we enter monthly. JSL Dallas created 6 teams of 8 women who would enter the same club each month, fostering and deepening relationships. These new teams will allow JSL to have more time in the clubs and opportunities for regular connections outside the club with dancers.
As we approached management of the 2 new clubs, we were not sure what we would face.
At the first club, the manager's initial reaction was “No!” He was hesitant of church groups entering the clubs. As we began to talk, he remembered that we had met at The EXXXotica Convention in Dallas months prior. In an instant, his demeanor changed. Because JSL was willing to be a part of that convention, he trusted us. He saw that we were not the groups of people who had judged him...and the walls of his heart came tumbling down! He hugged me, gave me his information, and said he would see us in a week! God’s favor continues to pour itself out on JSL, because we present the gospel in complete love.
The last club manager responded with open arms. Our Spanish Club Team leader was able to share her heart and ask permission for the first time. This manager’s response will stick with us; “Any group that is willing to come into our club and love our dancers is welcome here. Thank you for what you do. These girls need love.”
- Relationships outside the club would continue to grow
- All new team members stay grounded in the Word and are able to love dancers well
- Security Team would continue to grow.
- Financial support for 2016 would flourish
- 3 Houston clubs gave us permission to come in
- 145 Christmas stockings were delivered to dancers
- 9 gift cards and shirts were given to managers, bouncers, and parking attendants
- 8 women on our Club Team and 3 men from our Security Team experienced the clubs for the first time
Our first outreach to Houston clubs could not have gone better! We delivered beautiful Christmas stockings to the women, which were filled with pajama pants, fuzzy socks and “Jesus Loves Strippers” t-shirts. The response was overwhelming. The women loved the gifts and we heard over and over, “I can’t believe this!”, “This is so nice!”, “Thank you so much!” My favorite question, though, is when the dancers ask, “Why?” We are able to explain to them, “We want you to know that you are loved. Jesus really loves you.” One girl remarked, “You guys have so much genuine joy. We don’t have that in here...thank you for coming.”
Our Security Team was also able to engage managers and bouncers in conversation outside of the clubs. God opened the door for intentional conversations almost immediately!
A special thank you to the women at Grand Parkway Baptist Church for making the beautiful Christmas stockings, and Cathy Pugh for her contribution, which purchased the pajama pants for each dancer!
- We would continue to build trust and rapport with dancers, management, and staff at each club
- Provision for more church partnerships and monthly outreach sponsors.
- More opportunities to share Jesus Said Love in Houston
- 40 stockings stuffed with body spray, pajama bottoms, and candy were given to dancers
- 35 purple “Jesus Loves Strippers” shirts were gifted
- 5 Christmas popcorn tins were given to bouncers and managers
- 30 lbs of Rudys BBQ were enjoyed in the club
As December’s outreach approached, the Lord spoke the word “comfort” to me. Even in the clubs, while so much chaos is surrounding us, we know comfort because Christ came. We prayed for this comfort heading into outreach and shortly after we arrived, I dancer I had never met before came up to me and said, “Can I talk to you real quick?” She pulled me aside from the other girls and began to cry as she told me about her friend that passed away that morning. She explained that this friend was a believer and her family had always been so kind to her. She specifically asked me to pray for comfort for her friend’s family. How beautiful it was to hold her hands and go before the Father with her! He works it all together for his glory.
- Outreach gift sponsors for upcoming months
- Prayers for more time with dancers outside of the club.
- Financial support for city budget