February City Updates
BRYAN/COLLEGE STATION UPDATE
- We gave out 20 gift bags
- Each girl received 1 high-heel shaped cookie and 1 cupcake treat.
- 1 woman received prayer in the dressing room
- 2 women asked for assistance looking for other jobs
- 1 woman is plugged in and flourishing at a local church
- 1 woman has asked one of our club team members to be a part of her labor/delivery
As I prepared for this month’s outreach, I found myself making the declaration, “Nothing is impossible for God.”. As we stepped into the dressing room, God highlighted a woman we have known now for two years, but who has never opened up to us. I heard the quiet whisper of God say, “Tell her that she is not stuck or trapped here.” As the words came out of my mouth, she immediately began to weep. I have never seen any kind of emotion come out of this woman, so I was completely taken aback as I watched the tears flow from her eyes. She began to open up about how the industry has been wearing on her, and she desperately wants out. Through many tears, we prayed together and the Spirit of God was present. It was beautiful. Pray for my dear friend, that she would come to experience the Hope and Joy of Christ.
- Financial support for the College Station city budget & my personal salary
- Job opportunities for women who are transitioning out of the clubs
- House of Love network would increase in College Station
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- We took 100 gifts, but handed out about 30. (Weather had the clubs really slow!)
- We met 25 new women in the clubs
- 10 women opened up to conversations.
This month, we brought foot scrub to the clubs. I handed one of our favorite girls her gift, and she said, “Thank you so much! I’m going to give it to my mom. She’s a nurse, and she’s always on her feet...she needs this more than me!” This shocked me. This woman is also on her feet...a lot and in very high heels. And yet she automatically thought of her mom. So I handed her another one and said, “Here take this one for YOU!” Why is it that the ones who have so little are also the most generous?
- Security Team
- Volunteer Team Leader
- Outreach Commitments
- 50 homemade lavender foot scrubs went to 3 clubs
- 3 clubs received appetizer, fruit and veggie trays
- We met and talked with 3 new dancers at just 1 club
- 2 club team members made early deliveries due to winter weather
Due to the inclement weather, the club team went out in the afternoon to deliver the food and gifts prepared by our volunteers. There were not as many dancers at the clubs due to the time of day, yet the time differenced allowed us to meet three new dancers. The women were so excited to receive the foot scrubs and expressed their appreciation!
- Prayer for financial support for the Waco city budget & my personal salary
- Prayer for job opportunities for women outside of the commercial sex industry
- Babysitters to assist in childcare needs for the Waco team members and the women we work with during outreaches and retreats
- We gave away 20 foot scrubs.
- We went in with 2 Club Team, 2 Security Team, and 2 Prayer Team members.
- Outreach was on one of the #1 busiest nights the club has seen
This month, we were amazed at the honesty and openness of the women we met. One of the women hugged another and told us, “I’m so thankful for her! She was my mentor when I first started working here. You’ve gotta find someone that can help you bring some sanity into this mad life!” Another girl yelled, “That’s why I go to church!” Conversation erupted from there! Dancers started talking about what churches they have tried, and they started inviting others to try more churches with them! We were blown away. The conversation has begun.
- Financial support for me and the city team
- Opportunities for us to meet girls outside the club
- Community partnerships
- The clubs would welcome us in
- We went into 4 Dallas clubs
- Gave 120 people foot scrub, comfy socks, & snacks
- 1 club manager shared his story and pursued friendship with our security team guys.
- 2 women shared their need for Jesus and asked for prayer in the dressing room.
- We are currently assisting 1 new dancer transition into her new job!
This month, a strip club manager opened his arms and hugged every club team member when we arrived. He then proceeded to go outside and bear hug each security team guy, overjoyed to see them. He immediately jumped into a conversation with them for 40 minutes, unfolding his life’s journey, hurt from his past, and desires to leave the sex industry.
We’ve also seen doors open up with women. The morning after outreach, a club team member woke to a text from a dancer; “Loved seeing you tonight again, let’s hangout!” As the day went on, we received several more texts from dancers and set up times to spend together outside of the clubs.
- Financial support for the Dallas city budget & my personal salary
- Relationships with dancer and managers would continue to flourish
- Community partnerships would grow