November City Updates
San Antonio Update
- 75 bags filled will Mary Kay products
- 2 new members joined Prayer Team
- 2 new women went out with us on Club Team
- 75 McDoubles were purchased with a 10% discount, and our women loved them
With such terrible weather on this month’s outreach, we expected to have a low volunteer turnout. The Lord had other things in store! Many eager new volunteers joined the Prayer Team and stayed the duration of the outreach.
The women were excited to see us...the food and gifts were received very well as usual! I love that no matter how elaborate or simple the gifts may seem, our ladies accept them with such joy.
Our new Houston CTL Sally joined our outreach this month. Sally was even able to network with one of the club managers about getting into a new club in Houston. It was encouraging to hear him speak good things about JSL.
- Continued opportunities to deepen our relationship with each dancer
- Wisdom and provision for the women transitioning out of the industry
- Church partnerships to strengthen as our volunteers number grows
- 150 Fall candles were delivered to dancers in the clubs.
- We encountered 10-15 new girls in each club
- 2 new guys joined Security Team for their first outreach
- 1 dancer stopped the team for prayer outside the club
- 1 local non-profit, Restored Hope, provided the gifts for outreach
This month, I had the opportunity to rest. As the City Team Leader, I stayed back during outreach, confident in the Club Team’s leadership. The women did not disappoint. While the last few months have been slow on outreach nights, this month was the opposite. One of our team members summed it up; “God showed up and showed off tonight!”
“There were lots of new girls. It seemed like God put several women specifically in our path on purpose, especially the girl that we ran into outside one of the clubs. She was intoxicated but very grateful to see us. We got to validate her & pray for her. She wouldn't stop hugging us!“ - Kristen Benton
“I was really blessed by listening to other club team members talk to girls. These days I find myself frustrated about things some Christians say, but I was so encouraged hearing my fellow Club Team members talk about life, faith, and Jesus to dancers in a loving and truthful way.” - Lindsey Koch
I am honored to serve women in the clubs and honored to serve alongside the women on the Dallas club team.
- 100 more pajama pants for Christmas stockings
- $2000 raised to cover ‘Jesus Loves Strippers’ shirts for dancers in Christmas stockings
- 46 new club team members in December
- 14 new security team members in December
- 2 new clubs allow us to enter
- CTL personal financial support
COLLEGE STATION UPDATE
- 20 bags filled with candles, pumpkin spice foot scrub, treats, and encouragement cards were given to dancers.
- Homemade chili, cornbread, and cupcakes were given to all club employees
- 8 local churches and 2 TAMU student organizations were supported this outreach.
Going into the club is just a piece of our interaction with the club employees each month. As we build longstanding relationships, we continue to meet outside the clubs and learn how to provide resources for our women (and their kids!). This month, our Security Team was also able to listen and to pray with two male club employees.
As relationships and trust continues to build, we get the opportunity to meet physical and spiritual needs...including children’s clothing, materials for job interviews, “Jesus Storybook Bible” and “Jesus Calling” devotional books, meals, coffee, and professional counseling sessions, among others. I believe this is just the beginning of God awakening hope and empowering change in Bryan/College Station.
- Provision for women that need assistance through Dixie Fund and employment
- Rest (emotionally, physically and spiritually) for employees, former employees, and JSL leadership
- Strengthened relationship with management at the club
- More men to join our Security Team
- Wisdom for leadership as we seek God’s direction for the needs in BCS
- 30 candles were gifted to dancers
- 4 Club Team members visited the dressing room
- 2 Chick-Fil-A nugget trays were quickly devoured!
Fear was a bully this month, pushing me around and making me feel small...whispering, “It’s just not going to work out.” And it seemed to be true. The pieces that normally fly together at the last minute simply weren’t doing so. The great wind and the pouring rain the week of outreach was a reflection of my spirit: wild and frantic. How often I forget when “The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the Earth melts.” (Psalm 46:6) He is in control, always. Of course, October’s outreach was joyful and we were able to see so many answered prayers.
- Our goal for Temple/ Killeen is to have $1,000 in the Dixie Fund by the end of the year. If you’re interested in helping make that happen please click here!
- If you are interested in having your small group/ church learn more about ways to be involved with JSL in Temple/ Killeen, please e-mail me at Laurenr@jesussaidlove.com