October City Updates
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 75 Bags filled with lipstick and encouraging notes given to dancers
- 9 Large Domino’s pizzas were well received by dancers and club managers
As we went into the clubs this month, the atmosphere was charged with excitement from both the team and the beautiful women we encountered. We exchanged hugs, laughs, and many interesting conversations.
I met a girl at one of the clubs whom I have been praying for specifically every day. She was very raw and candid, and I loved her right away. We talked while she was getting read, and she asked me if I would braid her hair...I did it with joy! It was a great night seeing all the women there and watching as they continue to open up and trust us more and more.
- Our women as they make hard decisions to leave the clubs
- The San Antonio Team as we develop genuine relationships with these amazing women
- Growth in church partnerships to grow
- Financial support of future outreaches
- Growth within our prayer team
- Childcare for one of the dancers as she attends school
- 220 Lipsticks were handed out in 4 clubs
- 1 new connection was formed with a “House Mom”
- 15 pizzas were donated by Papa Johns
- 600+ Lipsticks for all Texas outreaches were donated by FiveStone Community Church
- $800 raised at a “Kendra Scott Gives Back” party
In the past year, Dallas has experienced unprecedented growth. As our God has shaped and moved our teams, we have been constantly reminded to throw aside our own expectations and wait for the Lord’s prompting. This has looked way different than we could have ever imagined.
This past month, our team felt defeated upon entering the first 3 clubs in Dallas. We saw a handful of dancers where we normally see many, and women we had long lasting relationships with were no longer there. Conversation was scarce. But the night wasn’t over! We entered the last club to find 59 smiling faces, many of them new. Conversation went on for over an hour. What a beautiful surprise! Our saviour’s expectations far exceeded anything we could have ever created.
As the month has gone on, we are asked to continue to wait, pray and seek Him; and when we do, He continues to surprise us with his goodness!
“Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” Jeremiah 33:3
- Continued opportunities to deepen our relationship with each dancer
- New Club Team Members as they join the journey with JSLD
- Success meeting fundraising goals
- Provide a new Go Team Leader
- Bless growing relationships with 2 new clubs
- 18 Dominos pizzas delivered to 3 clubs
- 60 Lipsticks passed out in 3 clubs
- 60 retreat flyers given to the dancers in 3 clubs
- 1 woman applied for and was accepted into the Dixie Fund program
- Facials, a delicious lunch, a fun workout, and fresh juices were enjoyed at the retreat
Our September outreach to the clubs was amazing. We had two new Club Team members join our outreach, and they instantly connected with dancers inside of the dressing room. Several women even RSVP’d to the JSL Retreat the following Sunday!
The retreat began with a lunch sponsored by Jimmy John’s and our wonderful hospitality team! Eight women enjoyed lunch, Mary Kay facials, and an incredible outdoor workout at Cameron Park. We finished our time together hearing from Summer Shine and getting to taste Luna Juice’s fresh juices. It was a treat in every way, and we had such a fun time together as a group.
- We are in need of volunteers: Prayer Team, Babysitter’s Club, Hospitality Team, and Security Team. Email Kellie@jesussaidlove.com if you are interested!
- Pray for team leaders and more volunteers in Waco
- Pray for job opportunities for women who are looking to exit the industry
- Pray for women who are transitioning into new jobs: that they would have favor in their workplaces and extra measures of grace and peace as they step into new environments
COLLEGE STATION UPDATE
- 20 gift bags were given to dancers
- Gift bags were filled with lipstick, make-up remover, mirror and encouraging notes
- Homemade soup, salad, muffins, and desserts were distributed to club employees
So far in 2015, each month has been unique. While last month the clubs were slammed with twice the usual amount of dancers, this month was dead on arrival. This allowed for great conversation with the club’s male employees. When speaking a club employee, he mentioned that I reminded him of his deceased mother. He went on to say he could describe me in a few sentences. “You're a God-fearing woman and a mother. You love your family and desire to share God's love and truth with other people." I was shocked and explained to him how this is exactly what I strive to be. He explained that he knew it to be true because he can tell a difference about us when we come in. He went on to share that JSL teams are a constant reminder that God created him for more.
We are seeing walls break down and opportunities we could have never imagined. We have several ladies that are actively seeking help and truth. It's our greatest reward when we see club employees understand more of their true identity.
- Opportunities to continue conversations outside the club
- Our volunteers as we help with community and spiritual resource to those we met in the club
- Two women that are seeking alternative employment
- Leadership as we seek God’s direction for the needs in BCS
- 4 Club Team members visited the dressing room
- 25 lipsticks were gifted to dancers
- 5 Domino’s pizzas were brought for women and management
“I’m trying again.” So many of the stories we heard in the club this month had this underlying message of perseverance. These women don’t give up. Many are trying and failing at new jobs, only to get back up and try again. Some leave the club only to return, then muster up the courage to leave again. We’re seeing them break off unhealthy relationships, go back to school, and move back in with family. They’re pressing into deep transition and taking big leaps of faith. I am always in awe of the strength of these women in the dressing room.
- The transitions our women are going through
- A prayer team leader for our prayer team
- Further community partnerships
- We are regularly adding new volunteers to our volunteer teams!
- I am actively conducting interviews for our Club Team.
- I attended a ministry networking lunch and was able to meet and connect with other non-profits who are passionate about Houston and our people!
I was able to attend club outreach with our Dallas team! At different points throughout the night, I was able to stand back and see women with purple shirts sitting across from dancers, sharing their stories, cooing over pictures of their babies on their phones, and laughing about lipstick colors. These women are mothers, sisters, daughters, friends...strong, beautiful women who I was privileged to meet and spend time with. I cannot wait to meet our women in Houston...the faces I pray for every day, but have not met yet.
- For partnerships with local churches
- For volunteers and leaders - specifically for club team, hospitality team, prayer team, and bag team
- For the women we’ll meet and favor with management
- For financial provision