January City Updates
We went into the Dallas club for the first time in over 12 months
- We visited 4 clubs and served dinner to 120 people
- We had 8 clubs team members, 4 security team guys, 12 prayer team members, and 2 Escalades donated to our team for the night
- At only 1 club, we met with 49 dancers
- Our prayer team prayed for 4 hours straight and welcomed us home with song, scripture, and words the Lord gave them
The Lord our God is mighty and loving and blessed our teams as we walked into the first three clubs. We were met with screaming out of excitement, open arms, warm hugs and full conversations. The dancers immediately made plates of BBQ and put on their pajama pants with stripper shirts, they couldn’t wait. It was as if these dancers had known our team for years. This was a sign of the Lord’s favor once again on our team and a testament to who JSL is across this state.
The last club we entered was far different that any club we had ever seen in any of our cities. It was by far the biggest club we had entered all night, and it was extremely luxurious. We walked into a dressing room filled with 49 dancers. Though this club had not formerly had any relationship with JSL, they were so welcoming! The environment in this club is very different than the others...the women are paid extremely well and none seemed interested in leaving the industry. Ministering to this club may look different, and will likely require us to approach dancers in a new way, but always with the Love of Christ.
Instead of taking 100 gifts each month, we’ve realized we’ll need about 150! As we continue to grow, we will need churches to partner with us.
- Our next large outreach is in April and we will require several groups to make “LOVE Baskets” for Easter.
- Just as we are in need of financial partners to fund JSL Dallas, I am in need of supporters to give donation for my personal salary. If you are interested in supporting me in the role as City Team Leader for Dallas, you can donate here; www.stayclassy.org/lovejodicrawford
- Security Team Leader: This would be a male who would be willing to vet the security team volunteers, given important information, schedule which guys are helping on each month’s outreach and be in contact with me and our Love Team leader.
- Pray for church partnership meetings to begin and flourish.
- Pray that monthly outreaches are covered months in advance and that my CTL personal salary is funded for the year.
- Pray that the dancers, managers and staff we came in contact with continue to be open to the JSLD team and relationships continue to grow freely.
- Pray for the Dallas Teams: that our hearts continually are in tune with what the Lord wants for us personally and that we are open to allowing Him to use us in unexpected ways.
Delivered 50 stockings filled with high-quality gifts
- Gave away t-shirts to every dancer at the 3 clubs
- We received a donation from one of the Waco clubs (Showtime)
- Hosted 7 dancers at the Toy Store hosted by Highland Baptist Church
- Took 3 women shopping with gift cards for Christmas gifts
One of our club team members struck up a conversation with a waitress on the way out of a club. While the conversation seemed brief, it was a doorway to relationship. As the team was leaving the club, she ran out and asked to speak with us. She began to show real vulnerability, opening up about several struggles. Though she was very hesitant to accept any type of help, the club team member continued to encourage her seek relationship. The next week, they went Christmas shopping for her children!
BABYSITTERS! We are in need of committed volunteers to join our babysitting team to help serve the Waco team and their children during outreaches, JSL events, and JSL dancers’ kids during retreats
- Sponsors for upcoming monthly outreaches! February is chocolate covered strawberries and jewelry. Please let us know if you want to help with this or any monthly outreach in the future. This is great opportunity for small groups, churches and other organizations to take ownership and really serve our ministry.
Bryan/College Station Update
We gave away 20 stockings with high-quality gifts
- We connected with about 16 women during outreach
- 3 different women who opened up their hearts to us in the most beautiful ways
- We are currently trying to help 2 women find new jobs outside the industry
Every month we go into the club, our ears have the privilege of hearing stories full of pain and brokenness, but stories also full of redemption and hope.
Right before she had to go dance, a girl said to us, “When you guys come into the club, it’s as if the entire atmosphere in here changes.” Another girl came back up to us into the dressing room and said, “It’s hard to dance when I was just thinking about Jesus the entire time.”
A woman named Ellie came back into our lives this past week after a two-year absence. As she was met with us, she described her lowest point when she found herself on the side of a dumpster. Lonely, fearful, and hopeless, she heard the voice of God whisper, “I love you, Ellie”. This simple statement rocked her to the core. She is now on the path of healing and transformation.
Pray for open doors and for favor for women who are wanting to transition out of the sex industry.
- Financial provision for our city team and for my personal salary
- Open doors of opportunity for women trying to find new jobs
- We gave away 20 stockings to 16 women
- We had conversation with 6 women
- We gave gifts to and had open conversation with the manager and assistant manager
On the first night in the club, I was amazed by how welcoming the girls and management were to us! One girl in particular had a lot of questions about the church...she shared how deeply wounded she has been by her family’s views of Christianity. Though she believes Christ is good, she just doesn’t feel like she knows him anymore. One of our club team members shared with her that all people are broken, encouraging her that Christ knows her, sees her, and loves her.
Pray that relationships would grow deeper as we continue to go to the clubs.
- Pray that funds for my salary come in so I can do JSLT/K full time. (Here’s the link to my personal support site)
- Pray for more community partnerships
San Antonio Update
- Delivered 100 stockings and shirts to dancers
- Met a lot of new dancers
- Provided dinner for dancers and managers
- Gave gifts to managers
Our story this month actually comes from a manager! We like to provide the dancers with a full BBQ meal and because the Clubs serve also serve food, I like to touch base with the managers prior to the outreach. I actually spoke to the managers at 2 of the the 3 clubs, and I was pleasantly surprised by their reaction. They were both excited and said, “Of course...we love having y’all here!” One particularly intimidating manager even said, “Yes, we really like when you guys come in. You are nice and respectful and never degrade what the girls do. The dancers really like y’all.” Thank you Jesus! It is apparent even to the managers what God is doing, whether they know it or not.
Volunteer Team Leader: We need someone who loves to organize people and teams!
- Donations for February outreach
- Bakers: let us know if you have those “to die for” cookies or brownies!