- 215 picture frames delivered to 4 clubs
- 215 homemade cookies consumed by dancers and staff
- 1 dancer wept as she read the quote “Beautiful girl, you can do hard things.”
- 2 major answers to prayer
- 6 club team members trusted God to use them at a new club
This month I had the privilege of staying with the prayer team during outreach. I cannot describe to people how much of an impact our prayer team has on outreach night and JSL Dallas as a whole. They are a necessity, as they are constantly interceding on the team's behalf when they spread across Dallas each outreach night. It’s beautiful when our teams return from the night and we are able to experience answered prayer; and Friday night was no exception.
One of the clubs we see each month has had very hard circumstances thrown it’s way in the last several months, more than the norm. It only seemed as if things were getting worse. We have been thankful that the staff at this club has been open and honest with us and our team has used great discernment in handling certain situations. Before our team left for the night, we felt strongly to prayer a hedge of protection over our team, particularly this club.We had started this time later than normal, and while many of us felt we needed to ‘hurry,’ God made it clear this was important. The prayer team then continued to pray as they loaded in their cars to head out for the night. When the clubs returned from outreach, we learned that the security guards and management told our team they were “lucky.” Minutes before their car arrived to unload gifts, a massive altercation had taken place in front of the club and the staff had to deal with rowdy, unruly patrons forcing them to leave the scene. God knew what He was doing in pushing our depart time that night, and He gave our prayer team words to speak over our team in His name.
Sometimes we also pray for things that others think is silly. Friday night we prayed for cookies. Out of all the clubs, we have one that will not allow us to take in any form of food. They do not like us feeding the women. But something told our team, that tonight these cookies were needed. So, we prayed for the management to allow the cookies to be delivered to the girls. Not only did management say yes, but the cookies became a beacon of love in a moment of need. One of the women picked up the frames we passed out and read the quote as she set her stuff down; “Beautiful girl, you can do hard things” and burst into tears. Her week had been filled with one awful thing after another, and just getting to the club that night was a challenge. But, as she sat there weeping, our team was able to bring a smile to her face and a little hope as she filled her belly with chocolate chip cookies and shared her rough week with club team members. Cookies brought laughter, joy and sweet connections.
Prayer works. Prayer is powerful. Nothing is too small to ask for in the eyes of our Father. He is willing and ready to intercede because He loves and adores us that much.
“Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.” Jeremiah 29:12
- Monthly Outreach sponsors through December
- Growth in Church Partnerships
- Continued discernment in loving women in transition
- Personal CTL financial support
- Doors to be open again in 2 clubs
- 35 frames with “Beautiful girl, you can do hard things” were gifted
- 35 iced sugar cookies were gifted in the dressing room
- 4 women served on Club Team and 2 men on Security Team
There has been a lot of transition going on in the lives of our volunteers and in our JSL team! Even with the chaos of transition, we were so excited about Mother’s Day outreach. So many of the women we meet are moms and lots of our conversations are about our kids and toddler tantrums and the beautiful yet hard task of being a mom. When we arrived in the dressing room, we noticed that there was a box of gifts already in the room. A group of the women had spent time and their own money to prepare Mother’s Day gift bags for US! We were floored! It was so beautiful and so unexpected! Receiving the gift was awesome, but our biggest take away was the affirmation that these women feel loved by us and by the Lord. This work matters. These outreaches matter. The women know that we have come to love on them because Jesus loves us and loves them. That’s the whole point. He sees them, and he sees us. He hasn’t forgotten about us even if we feel He is so far away. As we face trial and transition in our lives and our ministries, God is with us.
“The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” Psalm 46:11
- New City Team Leader for Temple/Killeen
- Outreach sponsorships
- Babysitting Team Leader and Hospitality Team Leader
- Additional community partnerships and volunteers
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 75 frames handed out to every woman we encountered
- Met new friends and caught up with girls we hadn’t seen in awhile
- Our Security Team Leader had a cool encounter with a bouncer
The thing I love about Mother’s Day is we get to love and honor women for their role as a wife, mother, daughter, and start a conversation telling them how amazing they are as women in these roles. It also gives us the ability to search deeper into their lives regarding their relationships with their kids or their own moms. There are so many who have lost kids or have strained relationships with their own mother, and we get the privilege to speak life and hope into that situation!
We met new girls and saw many that we already knew but as we were walking out of the last club one of our team members noticed one of the girls sitting a table by herself with her head down. She walked over to her and realized it was a girl we hadn’t seen in over a year. Within the year she married and opened her own clothing store. As we talked with her she mentioned that she was having to pay taxes she didn’t expect and so she was needed to work at the club for a while. We are praying the money will come in quickly and her business will pick up. We encouraged her and told her we would be by her shop. It is so exciting to see girls fulfilling dreams. When we had first met her she said “I am just starting an online store, but one day I want to open my own store”. SHE DID! So proud of her!
Our Security Team Leader, who loves people so well, was able to speak into the life of a bouncer who is Muslim. It was an overwhelming moment for our leader. The bouncer made the comment “We are so jealous that you have Jesus that paid for all your sins. We don’t have that.” Our leader was taken aback by the love of Jesus he felt in that moment and the open door he had to tell this man how much he is loved too. There was no conversion, just two men talking about Jesus and what they believe, but I know both men were touched by a Father that loves them equally and without fail.
- Team members for all teams! If you are interested email m
- Team members for all teams! If you are interested email email@example.com
- Pray for team leaders and that many more volunteers would join our team in San Antonio
- Pray for two girls we know that are pregnant-- that there would be peace and joy around this event
- Pray girls are awakened to their true identity in Christ
- Pray for Alliance Partners and business relationships to help the women start a new life
- 140 dancers at 3 clubs received O.P.I. nail polish and files
- Trust is building and dancers are opening up. When it was time to leave our first club, I tapped one of our club team ladies on the shoulder to let her know that we were leaving, and the woman she was visiting with looked at me and said, “I’m going to need five more minutes with her.” (Yes, you can have five more minutes!)
- Trust is also building with management: A manager at one of the other clubs (who hasn’t said much the past few months), pulled me aside and asked, “Can you help these girls? If I have a girl who needs help, can I contact you?”. I responded with, “Yes! That’s why we’re here. We want to be available. Please call me if you have a dancer in need.”
May’s outreach was our 6th outreach since we launched back in December, and it felt as if something “just clicked”. It felt like a light switched on and many women realized, “They really are coming back. They really mean what they say.” We’ve had more women want to exchange numbers and connect outside of the club. One of our club team members has been able to meet with a young woman who has expressed interest in transitioning out of the industry. Pray that she would make this big step. Please continue to pray for all of these precious women. Pray that God would reveal Himself and make Himself known.
As always, thank you for your continued prayers!
- We are looking for a few more outreach sponsors for Fall 2016. If you would like to sponsor an outreach, know someone who would, or would like more details, please let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a bible study, Sunday school class, MOPS group, or even just group of friends who would like to hear about Jesus Said Love, we would love to share with you! You can contact Sally Collier, our City Team Leader, at email@example.com.
- Prayer for businesses in Houston who are willing to hire women desiring to transition out of the commercial sex industry.
- 45 prints and frames gifted to women in the club
- 3 vases full of white roses delivered to all three clubs
- 45 custom Vanilla Bean cookies wrapped and gifted to women in the club
This was our Mother’s Day weekend outreach, and the girls seemed to really love the gifts (framed quote, roses, decorated cookies). We also gave out Jesus Loves Strippers t-shirts to girls/bouncers who didn’t have one, and they were equally if not more excited about those! We had a lot of engaging conversations, there were several new faces and probably 8-10 girls total. We also got to pray for a bouncer outside before we left. At another club, the guys got to connect with another bouncer as well and learn more about his family.
Overall, it was a great experience, and the connections made with the girls and the bouncers were exciting. We are hopeful to connect again with the same girls on our next outreach.
- We are looking for committed volunteers to join our hospitality team and prayer team. If interested, please email Lindsayp@jesussaidlove.com.
- Pray for church and community partnerships to continue to deepen and expand
- Pray for many opportunities for the women we are working with