- 8 Dallas churches pulled together and donated LOVE Bags for outreach
- 215 LOVE bags were handed out in 6 clubs
- 250 English & Spanish Bibles were donated and handed out to dancers & staff
- 1 woman left the industry through connections formed on outreach night
"He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness..."By his wounds you have been healed." 1 Peter 2:24
During Easter Outreach, I was reminded of the significance of relationship. God extends His boundless grace to us through an offer of ongoing relationship with Him. At JSL, we see that this must be practically represented by how we build and grow authentic relationships with dancers and club staff. We often receive questions and funny looks about the latter...but this is a large part of loving the dancers well. Even in the newest club, the manager sat in the dressing room to hang out with our team. In one of our larger clubs; a manager and a few security guys left their post to carry 50 love bags from our cars to the dressing room so our ladies didn't have to go back and forth. Then, we were given a huge shock when a particularly hard, strict (and sometimes downright mean) manager began to break down his walls. The door is opened.
We don't calculate success the way others do. The small stories above are just a few examples of how love, relationships and boldness begin to break down barriers and fear in others. None of this is from our own efforts, but instead trusting that the Holy Spirit will work through us. We cherish Good Friday and what Easter weekend represents. Our prayer is that we don't forget the sacrifice and resurrection as the year goes on and we continue to pursue these relationships in the clubs, no matter how challenging. Christ continues to pursue all of us and we must be imitators of Him.
- Monthly Outreach sponsors through September
- Growth in Church Partnerships
- Pray for continued strong relationships in and outside the clubs
- Personal CTL financial support in preparation for maternity leave
- 30 LOVE bags were filled with shampoo, conditioner, first aid supplies, etc.
- 3 dozen brownie bites were gifted in the dressing room
- 3 Women served on Club Team and 2 men on Security Team
While preparing for this month’s outreach the Lord kept telling me, “I am eager to be gracious to you.” I was reading Isaiah 30:18-33 and thinking specifically about a girl in the club I have known since we first started doing outreaches in Killeen. She was my first deep relationship I had with a dancer outside the club, and I was honored every time she shared a little more about her past. Last August, we lost touch and I didn’t hear back from her. I heard rumors speculating her whereabouts, but no one really seemed to know where she went. Since last fall, I have prayed for her and pleaded with the Lord to keep her safe, drawing her to himself and comforting her. Going into this month’s outreach, I was struggling with a ton of anxiety and doubting if the Lord really was going to be gracious. When I stepped into the club I could not believe my eyes! There she was: the sweet friend I had been praying for and thinking about for eight months! In the dressing room, we both just sat on the floor and caught up on life and family and friends. I was so eager to hear every detail. I heard the Lord say again, “I am eager to be gracious.”
- Outreach sponsors for the upcoming months
- Further community partnerships
- Babysitting Team Leader and Hospitality Team Leader
- Prayer for continued unity amongst our volunteer team
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 80 LOVE bags were taken to the clubs
150 brownie bites were given away in dressing rooms
Multiple opportunities to pray with managers and girls
Easter is a special outreach: during this weekend, the world brings attention to the love Jesus poured out...giving us a wide open door to talk about His love and pray with the girls! The one conversation that struck me was a girl who said: “I am lukewarm, and I know what I am doing is wrong.” That statement is so shame-based, so I told her, “Who said you were lukewarm? This is not about right and wrong. This is about how much you are loved and how special of a woman you are.” We exchanged numbers and she has been chatting about church with one of our team members. She is excited to go to a church where she won’t feel different from everyone because of what she does! Our Security Team leader had a chance to speaking an encouraging word to a manager and pray with him. Big things are happening, and we are asking you to pray with us for a girl that working to fully transition out of the industry!
- Volunteers: specifically on Prayer Team, Babysitter’s Club, Hospitality, and Security Team. Email email@example.com if you are interested!
- Outreach Sponsorships
- Pray for strong relationships to be built outside of the club
- Pray girls are awakened to their true identity in Christ
- Pray for Alliance Partners and outreach sponsorship
- 150 dancers received LOVE bags filled with full-sized practical items.
- We visited 3 clubs during Easter Outreach
March’s Easter Outreach in Houston went SO well! We delivered the LOVE bags on Good Friday - I can't think of a better day to give a gift to communicate to these women that they are loved and not forgotten. It was an amazing night, and the women were SO excited to receive the bags! There were several women who couldn't believe that they got to keep the WHOLE bag.
Familiarity and trust are quickly being built, both between our Club Team members and the women we're reaching each month. At one club in particular, our girls walk in and the dancers erupt with squeals and and open arms. These gifts we give each month are more than just gifts: they are a tangible representation of a good God who loves them. A big ‘thank you’ to Hope Church and bible study groups at Kingwood United Methodist Church for their contribution to the LOVE bags!
- Pray that more women would reach out to meet with our club team outside of the clubs
- Continued partnerships - with churches, businesses, schools and individuals
- Individuals who are willing to host Vision Events (of any size) - in homes, at bible studies, etc - to share the vision of Jesus Said Love
- Businesses in Houston who are willing to hire women desiring to transition out of the commercial sex industry
- Love Bag were filled with shampoo and conditioner, band aids, gum, snacks, Easter stuffed animals and coloring books for the kiddos
- We handed out multiple Jesus Loves Strippers T-Shirts to women in the clubs
This month, we met a dancer back after several months of recovery from a severe and scary injury! She shared her story with us through a lens of thankfulness and blessed us through hearing about her bravery, strength and tenacity.
Many of the women we connected with this month reported that business had been down for them and that they were not making as much money as they hoped. This makes keeping up with bills difficult and creates stress and sometimes insecurity about living situations. Many women reported needing additional finances to be able to secure more stable housing! Pray for provision and donate to The Dixie Fund!
- Prayer for women in the clubs working to make ends meet