- 230 homemade pies delivered to the clubs!
Dressing rooms in Dallas were filled with hugs, giggles and PIES-- 230 homemade pies to be exact! Once again the pies were a huge hit with our friends. The night was full of conversation from "What kind of pie is your favorite?" to "Can you pray for me?".
There is nothing sweeter than being able to hold the hand of a friend and pray over them-- this was the scene during outreach.
One club that usually restricts us from bringing in food allowed us (once again this year) to bring in the pies! Relationships continue to grow and new ones have begun!
- Financial support for the Dallas budget
- Church partnerships
- Prayer for Club Team members' commitment to stay strong
- Prayers for continued support as women continue to transition out of the industry
- 30 homemade pies gifted
- 4 Club Team members
- 2 Security Team members
November Outreach is a sweet one, especially since it's filled with delicious homemade pies! We walked in with arms filled with more pies than we could carry and the girls were excited! The night was filled with happy voices asking what kind of pies we had. Some girls safely tucked their pies away for after work and some eagerly looked around for a fork to dig in ASAP. It was sweet to talk about Thanksgiving and family and the holidays.
There were several new girls working Friday, lots of new faces and only a few familiar. We listened as girls talked about their families, about graduating, about getting new jobs. It was a sweet, merry time.
While we were inside, our Security Team had a unique experience... This week we had one new volunteer serving on Security. While they were outside, our new volunteer thought he saw someone he knew walking up to the club. The two engaged in conversation and after realizing where they knew each other from, the patron mentioned he was looking for a sponsor. Our volunteer stepped up to the plate and said he was ready and willing. After their conversation, the patron walked into the club. Not more than two minutes after, the man walked back out. "I think today's the day I get sober", he told our Security Team. He said "thank you" and left.
God works in the most beautiful ways. Friday reminded me about the bigger picture that comes with awakening hope and empowering change. Our heart is to change culture, and Jesus does that-- whether it be in the hearts of those working or the hearts of patrons. Jesus changes everything.
- New City Team Leader for Temple/Killeen
- Outreach sponsorship partners for 2017
- Babysitting Team Leader and Hospitality Team Leader
- Additional community partnerships and volunteers-- if you're interested in volunteering, go to jesussaidlove.com/volunteer and fill out a volunteer form!
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 75 pies were delivered and shared with so many women
- Met several new girls
- Talked with a makeup artist and her passion to help women feel good about themselves
Each Friday before driving over to the cubs, we pray for the women to sense God tangibly in something we say or in something we bring. We are so desperate for the women to experience God because we know that when that moment happens, they will never be the same. This night was no different-- “God show up”, we prayed.
We headed into the clubs armed with pies! We were so thankful we had the perfect flavors-- the girls were hungry. There were lots of laughs, stories, and introductions to new friends. “We love when y’all come” and “I’ve heard about you guys, but I haven’t ever gotten to meet you” were comments we heard all night. We didn’t have incredibly deep conversations, but Jesus was seen in the follow up conversations. It is amazing to witness the impact that occurs when we remember conversations from the month before. Sometimes being known and remembered means more than a gift. We all want to be heard and to know that someone is really interested in us.
We are praying next month will lead to follow up conversations away from the club where we really get to know and hear the heart of the women. Please pray with us for relationships to be built and awakening to identity to be a reality.
- Team members for all teams! If you are interested email email@example.com
- We are in need of a DECEMBER Outreach sponsorship
- Alliance partners and connections within the community
- Prayers for continual God encounters for the women
- Prayers for relationships to continue to flourish at the clubs
- Prayers for our current team members and their families
- 150 homemade pumpkin pies delivered to 3 Houston strip clubs
- We were given access to a new club (new to us) and were blessed to meet new faces!
“Pie Love You”. I don’t know if our women have ever been as excited about a gift, as they were about homemade pumpkin pie! For our November outreach, a group of beautiful souls from Tallowood Baptist Church and Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church made 150 full-sized homemade pumpkin pies that were given to dancers and staff in 3 Houston clubs. There were squeals of excitement and pies were either immediately stuffed in lockers for safe keeping or there was a frantic search for forks so they could dig in right on the spot. (Note to self: next year, bring forks!)
After finding out in August that we would not be able to visit one of our regular clubs, we started praying for another club. November was our first month to visit this new club! Initially, we were given permission from management to only drop off the pies, but when we arrived we were welcomed back to the dressing room to hand out the pies! There was a swarm of hungry women, each ready to claim their pie!
We are excited about the opportunity with this new club and ask for your prayers as we continue to visit and get to know these beautiful women!
- We are looking for a few more outreach sponsors for Fall 2016. If you would like to sponsor an outreach or would like more details, please let us know!
- If you have a bible study, Sunday school class, MOPS group, or even just group of friends who would like to hear about Jesus Said Love, we would love to share with you! You can contact Sally Collier, our City Team Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 70 homemade pies made by Harris Creek were delivered to 2 clubs
- 30 Toy Store Applications passed out
- 1 new club team member and security team member joined us this month
First, I want to thank all of those from Harris Creek who baked 70 delicious pies! The women and the staff absolutely loved getting to pick out their favorite flavors and like always, they couldn’t believe all of them were HOMEMADE! I love that these pies were taken home and shared with children, friends, and family. As we gathered to pray together in our new office space before outreach, gratitude began to swell in my heart for all we have seen God do this past year. The night was beautiful and full of laughter and we all left feeling thankful yet again for another opportunity to see and connect with our friends. Thank you for all who were a part of this month’s outreach. We couldn’t do it without you!
- We are in need of volunteers- specifically on prayer team, hospitality, and security team. Email Kellie@jesussaidlove.com if you are interested!
Pray for team leaders and that many more volunteers would join our team in Waco
- Pray for job opportunities for women who are looking for them and pray for women who are transitioning into a new job. Pray that they would have favor in their workplaces and pray for extra measures of grace and peace as they step into new environments.