- 150 “You are my Sunshine” treat bags were given out for Mother’s Day Outreach.
- 150 invitations to a Mother’s Day Lunch & Free Family Photography Session were passed out
- 3 Dancers and their families attended the picnic.
- 25 volunteers made food and provided time/talent for the photography session.
- 1 Dancer left the industry, got a job, and moved in with a supportive family of JSL.
- 1 Dancer graduated from college, left the industry, and got a job
- 1 Dancer left the industry, started school, and was approved for her very first apartment.
May has been a month filled with lots of transition and new life. We have had the opportunity to love three women as they have made the decision to start life away from the sex industry. We have hit bumps in the road, but are honored to walk this journey with these three beautiful women!
One of these beautiful women has moved in with a family that supports JSL wholeheartedly. She has never experienced a family with a mother and father who love unconditionally with no strings attached. After two weeks of living with this family, we had a conversation about how things were going. When I spoke about the family, I used their first names. She immediately corrected me: “Mom. You are talking about Mom. That is what I call her!” What a beautiful picture to round out Mother’s Day outreach….in a short period of time, she has experienced the Love of Christ through the body of believers that choose to accept her into their family.
- Pray for these three women as the months ahead may be tough.
- Pray for the Dallas Team as we support the women transitioning.
- Pray for Church Partnerships to Grow
- Pray for discernment as we begin the process of launching two new clubs.
- Pray for our Spanish Club Team being formed.
- Pray for outreach to be covered in months to come.
- Pray for Dallas House of Love to continue to grow.
BRYAN/COLLEGE STATION UPDATE
- 20 Bath and Body Works sprays and lotions were distributed to dancers
- 20 lip liners and eyeliners were given out in the clubs
- 40 delicious treats were made for outreach by our New Life Baking Team
It was a slower night for our College Station team. When we arrived, only a few dancers were getting ready in the dressing room. When we walked into the club, a new dancer locked eyes with one of our club team members. Tears began to fill her eyes as she read the phrase on our t-shirts over and over again: “Jesus loves strippers.” She looked back up at the club team member with a look that asked, “Do you really think that Jesus loves me?” As our club team member began to speak with her, this dancer began to open up about her story- full of pain, neglect, disappointments, and abuse. What a privilege to get to pray for and with these women as we ask God for healing, restoration, and newly awakened hope.
- Pray for a dancer who just had a new baby, as she transitions into a new role as a mother.
- Pray for our College Station team as Jean Marie steps into leadership as the new city team leader.
- Pray for more church partners and House of Love contacts in the community.
SAN ANTONIO UPDATE
- 100 Mother’s Day flowers were given to dancers
- 100 chocolates were distributed in the clubs
Our team has formed a great relationship with a parking valet at one specific club. Every time we pull in, a huge smile stretches across his face. We’ve been praying for a strong friendship to develop between our security guys and this man. As we were about to pull out and head back home, he stuck his head in the car and said, “I love this team”! It was such an authentic expression of thankfulness and appreciation. We yelled back, “This team loves YOU!”
- Pray for a woman we are trying to help to transition into a health care job
- 25 long stem roses were given to girls in the dressing room
- 30 decorative cookies were given to girls and to management
- 2 men served on Security Team and 4 women on Club Team
Two weeks before this month’s outreach, we had a picnic for our women and their families. Our Go Team leader is a professional photographer, and she volunteered to take family portraits for everyone in attendance! Three girls came to the picnic, including the house mom. It was such an honor to see these women with their loved ones. On outreach night, we gave these girls the framed prints of their family portraits. At seeing the pictures for the first time, one of our girls teared up, touched her child’s face with her finger, and whispered, “He’s mine.
- Continued relationships with dancers and bouncers
- Financial support for myself and JSL in Temple/ Killeen
- An extensive network of professionals to help care for our women
- 50 handmade sugar cookies were donated by Laura Lalani
- 4 dozen single stem roses were delivered to 3 clubs
- 1 dancer notified the club team she was leaving for a new job
- 20+ shirts were handed out to dancers for the first time
This past outreach was quite an interesting one. Waco, like many other Texas cities, had encountered quite a bit of rain and bad weather. The skies cleared up just moments before our outreach was to begin. I wanted so badly for our Mother’s Day outreach to break through the darkness and bring light and hope to all those who needed to see it. Our hearts were heavy for these women. The Lord brought to our attention during prayer that several of the women we would encounter had recently experienced miscarriages, lost custody of their children, etc.
When we arrived at the first club for the day shift visit, we found out that the electricity was out. No patrons were being admitted, and the dancers and other staff were just sitting by the light of cigarettes and candles waiting for it to come back on. The clubs are normally dark, but that night it was REALLY dark...and hot and extremely smoky from the lack of air conditioning.
The highlight from the night happened when one of the girls pulled a club team member aside and explained that we wouldn’t be seeing her there again. When we asked her why, she had an enormous grin on her face. She had a new job and was leaving the club!
- Prayer during the growth and transition in Waco
- New team members to join on for Prayer, Babysitting, and Security Teams